Results show that implementing Software Shelf’s print control software is a sensible and practical way to improve the bottom line. That’s good news in these financially insecure times.
Clearwater, Florida and London, United Kingdom: Software Shelf International, Inc. is proud to announce the results of a recently conducted client survey which looked into the degree to which Print Manager Plus - its leading print control and monitoring software - reduces the printing costs of its clients.
The key findings were that: the software can save between 30% to 50% of all printing costs, and that the software usually pays for itself, easily, within its free 30-day evaluation period. This is because it has an instant effect on the consumption of toner, paper, printer wear and tear and IT resources.
“This all adds up to huge savings,” says Software Shelf CEO, William Feeley. “Print Manager Plus not only audits all aspects of printing, but also allows an organization to fully control its printing with quotas, restrictions and reports. This control and report data can be used to cut back on wasted printing, restrict any aspect of printing, fully utilize current print resources, and fully account for all printing expenses. And so, this usually hidden expense can now be fully accounted for and controlled,” he concludes.
Because Print Manager Plus allows companies to successfully audit, restrict, quota and control print traffic over any network and any heterogeneous environment, they can really control their printing and so not only gain instant and complete return on investment, but also achieve a massive reduction in costs.
Auditing & Reporting Include:
- Over 130 individual reports, statements, and charts.
- Reports by User, Groups, OU, Workstation, Server, Accounts, Client, Billing Code.
- Detailed Savings Reports.
- Audit heterogeneous network environments.
- Supports Work Groups, Active Directory and LDAP.
- Printers Audited includes: Dot Matrix, Inkjets, Laser Jets, Multifunctional devices, Large Format Printers, and Plotters.
- Print Job data collected is: Time/Date Printed, Document Title, Document Type, Page Count, Copy Count, Page Size, Print Job Size, Black & White Output, Color Output, Duplex, N-Up, Large Format Printing by Inches and Centimetres.
- Deny printing for print jobs over certain number of pages.
- Deny printing if the number of copies exceeds.
- Deny printing if the document size is greater than.
- Deny printing if the document is reprinted within so many seconds.
- Deny or Allow printing if the document title contains specific keywords.
- Deny printing if the document is color.
- Deny printing if the document is Black and White.
- Enable Date/Time Restrictions.
- Set a currency quota to a user.
- Set a page quota to a user.
- Set a quota by user by printer or group of printers.
- Reset or Increase quotas automatically.
- Set print job verification.
- Set print job authentication by user password.
- Set print job authentication by username and password.
- Set print job client billing verification.
- Set print job client billing authentication by client password.
- Set print job client billing authentication by user password.
- Set print job client billing authentication by username and password.
- Allow users to create client accounts on the fly.
- Allow users to add comments to their print job.
- Allow batch printing.
Software Shelf is the worldwide leader in tightly integrated Windows Print Management solutions. Established in 1994, its flagship product, Print Manager Plus, is used by thousands of organizations worldwide and is available in over 60 countries. It was awarded the Hewlett-Packard Outstanding Partner of the Year Award in 2007, a Tech & Learning Awards of Excellence in 2008, and is listed in GuideMeGreen, the online directory of environmentally-friendly products and services.
For further information, please contact:
Software Shelf International, Inc.
601 Cleveland Street
Suite # 710
Clearwater, FL 33755
Phone: +1 727 445 1920
Phone: +1 800 962 2290
Fax: +1 727 445 9223